- This might be the most embarrassing confession ever... please don't judge; Yesterday was my first time putting gas in the car alone, and it was only my second time ever getting gas. My mom gave me $20 so I could get my brother and his friend to church. I went to Sheetz, pulled the car up to a pump, walked inside and prepaid, walked back out to my pump, opened the gas tank, pressed the button for Premium, and put the pump and turned it on, and then it turned off.... the screen said $20 and 5.57 gallons but it was literally only 5 seconds and I was sure that couldn't be right so I called my mom to be sure. I told her it didn't even fill a quarter of a tank and she said "well it'll work itself out," assuming I'd try again or go ask someone... I didn't; I drove off and most likely gave someone else $20 of gas; guess I'm a Good Samaritan?
- I went to basketball camp this weekend and actually gained weight... we ate in between all of our games and overall probably ate more than we burned off.
- I've started this coffee every morning thing, who cares if it's too hot. If I'm actually going out in public, I'll make it iced (:
- I wore my new blue yoga pants to a cycling class and then yoga yesterday. All my hard work in cycling showed on my new blue pants in a wonderful, classy looking sweat stain around my crotch. Note to self: wear black pants when sweating from now on. I kept moving my shirt around during yoga to try to cover up my pants... that's really hard to do in yoga.
- I'm rereading Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code for probably the tenth time and I still can't put them down. I just love them... mostly for the history stuff and the fact that one has lots of Italian and one has some Spanish. I sit there and try to translate for myself.
- I want to take an online Italian class. Does that make me a nerd?
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Monday, June 25, 2012
Saturday, June 16, 2012
I've just gotten my toenails done and figured I'd update the blogging world on my life while I'm waiting for everyone else to get theirs done...
It's been a wonderful, relaxing week here at Myrtle Beach minus the four shark attacks in one day that scared us away from the ocean... instead of relaxing in the ocean like I usually do, we passed our time walking on the beach and tanning at the pool. I'm proud to say I've definitely gotten really tan this week! (With only minor sunburn and a creepy looking peeling on my shoulder that almost resembles a birth mark...)
We've had nice dinners every night and driven up and down the Strip several times; last night the teenagers piled in one car and drove down the strip to see how many people we could yell at... it is very entertaining to see what the drunk people yell at you and then laugh at them while you're sober. We're still laughing about some of the things we heard.
Tonight my best friend's dad is getting remarried on the beach and then we're cooking out and spending our last night at the pool before we have to return to real life tomorrow ...
Thank God I'm coming back to the beach in July; I could live at the beach if my parents would let me. I'm thinking I will one day ... (:
Hope everyone is enjoying their summers; I'll try to blog more this week!
And sorry for any spelling or grammar errors in this post.... I'm blogging from my smart phone in a massage chair and it's more difficult than you'd expect!