And so, for some confessions:
- Yesterday morning, I was running a few minutes late. I started my car, went back inside to say goodbye to my puppy, and walked out the door. I drove for about a minute when I realized I'd forgotten the flash drive I needed. I decided to turn around, and when I walked in the door, I noticed my backpack, basketball bag, and lunch box sitting in my kitchen... how did I not realize I was missing all of that?
- I haven't been to bed before 11:30 or 12 for the past two weeks and I think I might be on the verge of a breakdown... (just kidding, maybe)
- I finally turned in my application for the Costa Rica trip last night and I am freaking out. I have to wait until April 1 to find out if I got it and I think I might go crazy before then. But at least the application is done - I'm exhausted from coming in early every morning to work on the essay and application video (both all in Spanish).
- As I was watching Gossip Girl last night instead of doing something productive, I decided to do a glitter party nail while my puppy was sleeping on me; she was sleeping really deeply so I didn't really think anything was wrong with painting them right in front of her face. But then, all of a sudden, she jerked awake... now puppy has glitter OPI all over her face. At least it's pretty.
- I'm pretty sure I have a disease or disorder or something that makes me feel like I have to procrastinate. I've heard people say that when people are smart they procrastinate in order to challenge themselves... I don't know if that's what I'm doing, it probably is. But for whatever unknown reason, no matter how excited I am about the thing I'm doing, I will put it off for as long as possible - hence my new 12:00 bedtime.
- My one year anniversary with my boyfriend was Monday; we said we weren't doing a big date until later so I took that to mean no gifts yet either. He surprised me with really pretty rings and earrings... but his gift hasn't even come in yet. And I feel like a bad girlfriend because I don't know if I got him enough, but I've been broke since Christmas and can barely afford to buy gas. (I asked my parents to buy me a tank of gas for my birthday on the 20th). Is it bad to tell him I can't afford to do much and will do more for his birthday in March?
- And with that I'm going to try and sleep sitting up. Happy Hump Day everyone.