Friday, October 26, 2012
Monday, October 1, 2012
writing a bunch of weird projects for online health.
listening country music, what else? I'm still not sure what Pandora station I've been listening to for the past few days, but whatever it is, it's right on point.
thinking about college; why is it all anyone ever talks about?
smelling fall smells... mmmmmm
wishing we could just randomly get a few weeks off of school to relax...
hoping my school work will decide to do itself this week...
wearing my long sleeve tee, what else do you wear on a rainy day? and, I've noticed that leggings are becoming my pants of choice more and more frequently...
loving my boyfriend :), and the new seasons of New Girl and Glee; they're both amazing this year.
wanting pumpkin ice cream and taco bell, all the time
needing more sleeeep and more cuddle time
feeling tired but excited because it's a short week for me this week; I get to miss Friday and next monday for my cousin's wedding, I'M SO EXCITED!!!
clicking online shopping... anyone know a really good website for expensive looking boots that aren't actually that expensive?
Monday, September 24, 2012
writing reviews for RT Book Reviews ; I most recently reviewed The Damnation Affair by Lilith Saintcrow... although the Sci-Fi books I'm assigned to read are cheesy, most of them are pretty interesting and who can complain about extra payments and something to add to your college apps?
listening country music, country music, country music, and the really weird mix playing on my iPod right now. If we're being honest, I'm not completely sure where it's coming from but I'm too lazy to change it.
thinking too much.
smelling stink bugs; if these things don't go away soon, I might take it upon myself to burn them all. I HATE THEM.
wishing it could go back to summer
hoping someone will tell me where I want to go to college and what I want to do with my life, because I really don't want to decide just yet.
wearing sweatshirts and sweaters.. YAY FALL!
loving my boyfriend of course (: oh and pumpkin ice cream, my new favorite part of fall
wanting some beautiful riding boots for fall... at the moment I'm obsessed with these Frye boots but unfortunately I can't justify spending $328 on a pair of boots when I've already got three pairs of expensive boots. being a girl is so difficult :(
needing football practices to be much shorter and less frequent so I can actually see my boyfriend more than once a week.
feeling excited because my wonderful cousin is getting married in TWO WEEKS! YAYAYAYAY!
clicking eBay; don't ask me why... all of a sudden I'm addicted and it's bad. It's not even an addiction to buying, I think I just like searching for new things and obsessively watching until it gets down to few hours and I decide I actually don't need this thing I thought I wanted.
also please excuse the weird highlighting... I was playing around with it and now I can't figure out how to get rid of it!
Monday, September 3, 2012
After my first beach trip, I had a few weeks at home to work and babysit before the second beach trip, and monster-trip to Texas. Nothing too exciting there, just hanging out with the boyfriend and friends, and tanning at the pool.
The second beach trip was to Hilton Head Island with my mom, brother, grandma, great-aunt, aunt, cousin, and her baby... it was so relaxing and I wish I could stay at the beach forever... and I think I read four or five books. Ha
We got to try real Memphis barbeque on the way, and it was so worth it. I wish we could take road trips more often just for the food...
Before we got to my grandparents, we stopped at my dad's friend's house in Dallas for a couple of days and got to eat and shop and whatnot... and I got a pair of real cowgirl boots (:
Once we got back, summer completely flew by. I worked and babysat a little more, and started getting ready for school.
Somehow my boyfriend and I only managed to go to the lake once all summer; I guess because neither of us were home for much of it. But, we had fun anways when we actually found time to hang out.
And then, on the last week of summer my youth group went on a short hiking trip to the Cascades, which are beautiful.
Friday, August 24, 2012
I thought it'd be fun to start out with some Obsessions that she does over at Saige Wisdom (or at least used to do, I have no clue.. I've feel like I've been out of the blogging world for an eternity). But, these are going to be a mix of my summer obsessions and the few fun obsessions that come with fall and school... mostly summer.
- First, need it even be said: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, yep I'm pumped.
- Moroccan oil... it smells amazing and helps tame my insane curls and keep the frizz level down.
- Mascara... that's pretty much the only makeup I wore this summer, mostly because I'm lazy.
- Twitter... my liking of twitter grew over the summer into a full-blown obsession. I check it multiple times a day, and usually I sit there loading and reloading the page praying that someone tweets something. Twitter is just amazing.
- Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.. I read the first two of these over the summer and I keep meaning to read the third as soon as I get some free time, which is looking pretty limited at the moment.
- Fresh tomatoes... I never used to like tomatoes at all and now I can't get enough of them. Sometimes I make a meal choice just so I can have a tomato. My personal favorite right now is fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and balsamic vinegar. My mom and I are doing this all the time right now. I can easily eat a whole tomato that way. I'm dreading the day when summer ends officially and we can't get more fresh tomatoes. :(
- School of course... I've never been less ready for anything in my life.
- Paying for gas... ugh.
- Being a football girlfriend... I thought this would be exciting, but in reality it just means you rarely get to see your boyfriend since he practices until at least 7 every night and is super tired when he isn't practicing.
- Did I mention school?
Thursday, June 28, 2012
- This might be the most embarrassing confession ever... please don't judge; Yesterday was my first time putting gas in the car alone, and it was only my second time ever getting gas. My mom gave me $20 so I could get my brother and his friend to church. I went to Sheetz, pulled the car up to a pump, walked inside and prepaid, walked back out to my pump, opened the gas tank, pressed the button for Premium, and put the pump and turned it on, and then it turned off.... the screen said $20 and 5.57 gallons but it was literally only 5 seconds and I was sure that couldn't be right so I called my mom to be sure. I told her it didn't even fill a quarter of a tank and she said "well it'll work itself out," assuming I'd try again or go ask someone... I didn't; I drove off and most likely gave someone else $20 of gas; guess I'm a Good Samaritan?
- I went to basketball camp this weekend and actually gained weight... we ate in between all of our games and overall probably ate more than we burned off.
- I've started this coffee every morning thing, who cares if it's too hot. If I'm actually going out in public, I'll make it iced (:
- I wore my new blue yoga pants to a cycling class and then yoga yesterday. All my hard work in cycling showed on my new blue pants in a wonderful, classy looking sweat stain around my crotch. Note to self: wear black pants when sweating from now on. I kept moving my shirt around during yoga to try to cover up my pants... that's really hard to do in yoga.
- I'm rereading Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code for probably the tenth time and I still can't put them down. I just love them... mostly for the history stuff and the fact that one has lots of Italian and one has some Spanish. I sit there and try to translate for myself.
- I want to take an online Italian class. Does that make me a nerd?
Monday, June 25, 2012
Saturday, June 16, 2012
I've just gotten my toenails done and figured I'd update the blogging world on my life while I'm waiting for everyone else to get theirs done...
It's been a wonderful, relaxing week here at Myrtle Beach minus the four shark attacks in one day that scared us away from the ocean... instead of relaxing in the ocean like I usually do, we passed our time walking on the beach and tanning at the pool. I'm proud to say I've definitely gotten really tan this week! (With only minor sunburn and a creepy looking peeling on my shoulder that almost resembles a birth mark...)
We've had nice dinners every night and driven up and down the Strip several times; last night the teenagers piled in one car and drove down the strip to see how many people we could yell at... it is very entertaining to see what the drunk people yell at you and then laugh at them while you're sober. We're still laughing about some of the things we heard.
Tonight my best friend's dad is getting remarried on the beach and then we're cooking out and spending our last night at the pool before we have to return to real life tomorrow ...
Thank God I'm coming back to the beach in July; I could live at the beach if my parents would let me. I'm thinking I will one day ... (:
Hope everyone is enjoying their summers; I'll try to blog more this week!
And sorry for any spelling or grammar errors in this post.... I'm blogging from my smart phone in a massage chair and it's more difficult than you'd expect!
Thursday, May 31, 2012
But so will my laptop :( As awful, slow, and restricted as it is, I'm really going to miss this thing this summer. How else am I supposed to watch New Girl, Glee, and Pretty Little Liars in bed? Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with blogging anyways.
If I don't blog until then, don't forget I'll be guest posting here on June 6th. I'm still trying to think of a good topic for the post... comment if you have any ideas!
Enjoy your summer everyone!
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Thursday I went to the pool with a friend and then got dinner and ice cream with my dad and brother.
Friday, I got to work 11-3 and then babysit 5-8. I started off Saturday with a cycling class at 9:00 and then worked from 11-3. Then, I hung out with the boyfriend at the pool for a while, went to dinner with him, and then we came back to my house and watched a movie. Sunday I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose but I took another cycling class and worked.... again, even though it was supposed to be my day off. But afterwards the boyfriend and I went to Festival in the Park with some of my friends and we saw Hunter Hayes and Craig Morgan.
Monday, I spent almost all day with my boyfriend at the pool until basketball at 6:30. The cold was feeling really great by then since I couldn't breathe at all and it was 105 degrees in the gym... yay!
And now I'm back at school today, but only physically. I am braindead and I refuse to do anything.
Happy almost summer!
Saturday, May 26, 2012
I've actually started it out pretty well too; I've been really productive, for once.
Yesterday, I worked at the pool from 11-3 and then babysat 5-8. Today, I woke up at 8:15 to go take a 9:00 cycling class. (It's never too late to start working on your bikini body right?) I got to drive myself there, so no one could forbid me from taking myself to Panera for a cinnamon crunch bagel (: Now, I'm at work again until three.
And I submitted my first book review to be published at RT Book Reviews. College apps here I come..
And speaking of published writing (sort of), I've been asked to do a guest post on Rachel's blog on June 6th, and I'm trying to think of a good topic for the post... anyone have any ideas? (:
Thursday, May 24, 2012
- When a boy in my engineering class announces "My shaft is all screwed up." He was talking about his drawing of course, but that didn't keep the entire class from giggling inappropriately.
- When I walk back to my car after practice Tuesday and notice that it's not in the spot that I parked it in... it's actually on the other side of the building where my dad decided to put it to surprise me.
- Walking back to my car yesterday and hitting my knees on the steering wheel... I realized my dad must have dropped by again but this time to move my seat all the way up and turn the radio to a ridiculous volume...
- Seeing all the I'd Cap That pictures on facebook and twitter... I wish droid's version didn't suck quite so much.
- Laughing with the boyfriend as we make jokes about everyone else.. so much fun (:
- Asking my mom if getting honked at is a compliment to the driver, just to freak her out...
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- During my multiple trips yesterday, I spent a little over $20 and didn't even have to buy gas... yes that was all spent on food...
- I was not a nice person to my mom this morning since she wouln't let me drive to school. I mean I understand that gas is expensive and I don't have my own car yet... and she said she had to be over here anyways so this was easier. BUT, I want to drive! And, when I ride with her we have to leave earlier to take my brother to school which means waking up earlier and rushing to be ready. She told me it was time to go and I wasn't even dressed yet... wouldn't it have been easier to just let me drive?
- I found out yesterday that I'm getting glasses... not sure if this is a confession but I figured it should be said. Thank God I won't have to wear them all the time, mostly just for night driving.
- Making myself do any school work at this point is a real struggle. The only class I'm doing any real work for is English and even that just kills me inside. Why read King Lear? I don't want to be depressed this close to summer time!
- I sang as loud as I could to "Call Me Maybe" three times yesterday. I also had an Adele singalong and pretty much everything else that came up on my iPod. Oh the joys of having your license (:
- My cousin is an editor at a book review magazine and I've offered to do some reviews this summer... at the moment I'm reading a 500 page fantasy novel and actually kind of enjoying it... haha
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Monday, May 21, 2012
And on a really bright note, I GET MY LICENSE TOMORROW!
These past months haven't gone by quite as slowly as I expected, I can't believe I've almost made it.
Tomorrow I'm hoping my mom will let me celebrate by going to breakfast with my boyfriend. She and my dad keep saying I won't just be driving all the time, but we all know that won't last long... ha
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
- Still haven't caught up on sleep from prom; I keep meaning to go to take naps but something gets in my way. Instead, I tell myself I'll go to bed early, but every time I lay down, I'm suddenly not tired anymore.
- Not only am I tired all the time, I'm hungry all the time. And I'm too lazy to go to the gym.
- I'm actually kind of surprised by how challenging the SOLs were. They weren't too bad, but they weren't as simple as I'd thought they'd be.
- Tomorrow is my AP exam; I haven't studied once... and I don't plan to do more than go over all my tests from the year (that's all of 5)
- I really want to dress lazy
all weekfor the rest of the year. I wish I cared what I look like. The only thing stopping me from wearing a hoodie is that it's 80 degrees outside.
- I started and finished reading Shutter Island yesterday, and I think that might be part of the reason why I didn't sleep very well last night... oh well.
- Sorry I don't have any good confessions this week... haha
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Oh well, at least I'm one SOL down... one AP exam and two SOLs left until I can completely give up trying. I already plan on going home and forgetting everything I learned in Biology this year. I took the test and I'm done now. Anyone know any particular methods of clearing your mind? A pensieve would be nice... if only I was a wizard....
Monday, May 14, 2012
It was cheesy and exhausting, but one of those nights you won't forget any time soon. After pictures, we headed out to Hotel Roanoke where they held prom and served dinner.
I almost wish I took more pictures though..
Thursday, May 10, 2012
- Unplanned midweek date nights (:
- Frappucino happy hour
- New Girl and Glee marathons in bed
- Prom prom prom this weekend (:
- Being satisfied enough with my grades to permit myself to stop trying for the rest of the year.
- Boyfriend (:
- License soon... Reeally soon.
- Summer soon
- Seeing how happy car rides make my baby... (:
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- Last night, I got home around 9, thought about studying for my history test today, and then proceeded to get in bed and catch up on Glee and New Girl. This whole end of year thing has really killed what was left of my motivation.
- I love Glee, but it's been getting on my nerves recently. I mean, I understand that they want to show the world that it's alright to be different, but do they have to be quite so politically correct? It's like they're shoving everything down your throats anymore... I'm in high school, but it's definitely not like the one on Glee. And it's really depressing with all the future stuff.
- I have been a real
bitchlately and I'm not exactly sure why. I can't even blame it on that time, I'm just really irritable. I think it's everyone else's fault. (:
- And following that last confession, I'm 99.99% sure that the entire school had a meeting without me and decided that if they ever see me in the hallway, they will get in front of me and walk as slow as they possibly can. No, but seriously... I'm about to punch the next person who walks slow in front of me. (See what I mean about the bad mood?)
- I'm reading Jane Austen for fun...
- I'm really upset with myself; it's been Frappucino happy hour at Starbucks for 5 days now and I've only been twice.
- At least five times a day (probably more) I count the days I have left til my license (13 days people!)
- I have officially decided that I'm not studying for my AP exam. The whole curve thing gives me a false sense of security.
- Just recently I've had this whole island fantasy thing. Just picture you, your significant other, and a lifetime supply of rum on this island... like in Pirates of the Carribean. I've always wondered why Elizabeth wanted to leave and burn the rum. Never made any sense to me...
- I just struck out twice in slow pitch PE whiffleball..
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightening storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language ( I think taking Spanish class counts)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Well... that was disappointing. My life is officially boring... I'm hoping to get some of these checked off this summer; and hopefully one day I'll check off all those traveling ones. Here's to hoping.
Monday, May 7, 2012
I was hoping to go to the pool after school, but the weather isn't looking very promising... I don't know how I'm supposed to get a tan before prom if this weather keeps up!
On a side note, we're down to 15 days until my license. Aaand I had two consecutive perfect parking jobs this weekend (this usually doesn't happen...)
I'm just going to sit here and pray that today goes by fast.... I'm pretty pumped for date night tonight (:
And one last thing... the boyfriend finally asked me to prom!
Thursday, May 3, 2012
This God-awful weather isn't helping. How did we go from maybe 60 degrees on Saturday to 90 degrees on Wednesday? I'm all for hot weather in the summer... but it isn't summer. We're still being forced to sit in a building with dodgy air conditioning. And, even worse, we're being forced to go exercise outside in the middle of the day. Now, I'm digustingly sweaty. And, I'm supposed to play basketball tonight. My lazy side really wants to skip out and stay home so I can eat way too much and maybe sleep. But, I'm going to make myself go.
The whole 'end of the year' mood is making the laziness even worse. I can't make myself do any school work because I just don't want to. And I usually don't study that much to begin with, what's studying a little bit less really going to do? Thank God this is my last month of school.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
- I'm pretty sure I have as much laundry on top of my hamper as I do inside of it; the laundry situtation is insanely ridiculous but I really need to work on it... the bad, but also good, part is that I have way too many clothes which means I never really need clean clothes. This means that laundry never seems like a priority...
- These mandatory food days in school are killing me; I didn't get home until almost 10 last night since I went to dinner with the boyfriend and his family after his game. Then, I remembered our Cinco de Mayo party in Spanish... I made the quickest batch of 'Mexican Wedding Cookies' anyone's ever seen. Even so, I didn't get to sleep until after 11:30.
- I am updating my license countdown daily now; 20 days.
- I really hate shaving my legs. If I'm not wearing shorts, my legs don't get shaved.
- The other night, I was looking at colleges on my phone at like 11 o'clock at night; And I wonder why I don't sleep anymore.
- I have been putting in the absolute minimum effort when it comes to school. I just want to get it over with.
- I keep forgetting to title my posts because of this new blogger setup...
- I can't really think of anything else to confess; sorry if these are boring
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Caffe Mocha made my morning
Cupcakes... in an ice cream cone. Who thinks of these things? I'm just amazed.
May = my last month of school and the month I get my license (:
Can't wait for summer so I can spend more time with the boyfriend without school getting in the way
And of course summer means some much-needed best friend time
I LOVE fishtail braids.
if only i wasn't a muggle <3
Goodnight kisses from the boyfriend <3
what I hope my future involves...
keep calm and find horcruxes <3
I want one of these
perfectly captures my feelings about school this time of year...
this is adorable...
those are the best. <3
i love harry potter...
think I might buy a pair of these this summer
I love this
Can't wait to be tan again
License soon means I'd better start thinking about cars...
Sorry so many pictures... had nothing better to do in chemistry.