Friday, October 26, 2012

Last Minute Concerts

I've been pretty disappointed for a while now since I realized that I missed my chance to buy Eric Church tickets with good seats; I figured it wasn't worth it to go if I had bad seats so I just gave up. But... the day before the concert, Wednesday, I jokingly tweeted a friend who was going to take me with her and she replied that one of her friends was actually selling his tickets, and they were great seats! I couldn't believe how lucky I was.  So last night, two days after thinking I wasn't going to be at the concert, my boyfriend and I were seeing Kip Moore, Justin Moore, and Eric Church, and in close seats too!

 My boyfriend and I (:
 

I think it's a good sign when you're close enough that he actually shows up in pictures... and notice the beer. Not mine, but I'm pretty sure everyone over 21 was drunk. Oh, and someone did leave a giant puddle of beer under my seat, before the concert even started...
 
Justin Moore singing... I LOVE LOVE LOVE him; I saw him with Blake Shelton, too and I'd definitely see him again.  For his song "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" he got everyone to stand up and turn the flashlight app on their phones on and he dedicated it to his grandpa whom he wrote the song for.  It was really beautiful in there (I wanted a picture but my phone was on the verge of dying all night, so my boyfriend got one on his phone)
And can I just ask why all guys can't wear jeans like Justin Moore's? They were tight, like I think his can of dip must be permanently imprinted in his butt tight.
And his accent, oh my.
I just love him.
And of course, Eric Church, who is surprisingly tall. And not once did he take off his sunglasses. It was a great show, and he has a lot of good songs (but we did leave before he encored since we were tired, and we got in the car and realized he didn't sing "Springsteen" or "Drink a Little Drink, Smoke a Little Smoke" so he must've done those at the very end)
 
But one of the best things about our seats was how close we were to the floor - which means people watching.  You can't really read it, but this guy's shirt said "Back to back World War Champs," and there was no shortage of American flag button-downs. The little things like that are why I love country concerts, oh and all the cowboy boots we saw <3 (of course I wore mine, with shorts, what else)
 All in all, it was a great night. And I think that finding out so last minute made it even better. 
But, one of the best parts of my night was finding out that Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley will be here in January. I LOVE them both and I can promise I will be attending that concert.

1 comment:

  1. I love country music and that t-shirt made me laugh out loud. xo

    ReplyDelete