Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Midweek Confessions and Ramblings

I can't believe it's Wednesday already. It feels like a Monday since it's my first day at school this week after my crazy weekend. I think I'll recap that before I begin my confessions.
Friday was my amazing birthday dinner at Frankie Rowlands... wish I'd gotten some pictures but I was too focused on the incredible food. The steak was definitely the best I'd ever had and the sides were delicious and to top it off, I got a complimentary birthday crème brûlée. sooo goood (:
Creme Brulee
Saturday was the Blake Shelton concert. I got to have dinner first with my wonderful boyfriend (: and then my mom and Kayla and I left for the concert. Dia Frampton, who was runner-up on the Voice, opened. She was alright, but concerts suck when you don't know the artist's songs. Justin Moore, however, was excellent... "Bait a Hook" is such a good song. And of course, Blake Shelton was amazing. He sang his new songs and a few old ones that have always been my favorites.
My mom and I spent the entire car ride to Georgia on Sunday listening to the country mix on my iPod. (This included a lot of Justin Moore and Blake Shelton). Despite the good music though, I truly hate car rides... it was almost worth it though since I got another birthday dinner at Pappasito's. Literally the best Mexican restaurant ever. They make their tortillas fresh, it is amaaazing. (:
We also got to visit the dress shop where they film Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta. I don't actually watch the show but it was still pretty exciting.
On Monday, my actual birthday, mom and I went outlet shopping and I got to choose some summer clothes. Now, I'm even more excited for summer, or at least Spring Break... Later, my amazing family surprised me with a homemade birthday dinner. They decorated the house with "Sweet Sixteen" decorations and grilled out. We had steak and baked potatoes and chocolate cake.
Tuesday, the drive back was dreadful, but again, we got some food to make it better. Steak 'n Shake is just unbeatable and indescribable. I think we're getting one here soon (:
Now for some confessions.... (:
  • After all the food this weekend, my dad and I had Pizza Hut for dinner last night and I'm going out to dinner again with my boyfriend tonight (: The worst part is that I can't really remember the last time I worked out...
  • I think I actually miss working out. I can't believe I just said that.
  • I really have no patience. Five minutes in the car on the way home and I was ready to kill someone.
  • This weekend, I was supposed to catch up on some reading and do my homework... I did some of my homework when I got home and I think I may have read two chapters...
  • I've recently been getting too lazy to really care about my hair and makeup, like at all...
  • Somehow, after a four day weekend, I still couldn't make myself be excited about school at all. Four days off made it even harder to go back.
  • I got to school this morning and found a coffee cup in there... I haven't been at school since Friday.... oooops
  • All these Lent posts about giving up facebook or fattening food make me super glad I'm not Catholic... we Baptists certaintly couldn't give up our food for 40 days... hahah
Well, I think that's enough for today. Sorry if that was more rambling than confessing.

2 comments:

  1. I love frankies! So glad you enjoyed and happy sweet sixteen! Can we please get the group together and hit the gym?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankss! (: and absolutely, I think I'm going today around 4... not sure if there's a class so I'm hoping I have enough motivation to work out on my own... I always have this awesome plan about what I'm going to do and then I just don't do it..

    ReplyDelete