Friday, April 27, 2012

Time Flies

Recently, I've been thinking more than usual about the future...
For like all my life, I wanted to be in high school.  It just seemed like so much fun, and for some reason I always wanted to be sixteen.  but, it's weird and mostly anticlimactic being here.  I mean, I'm going to prom in two weeks and getting my license in 25 days.  Don't get me wrong, I'm completely excited for both of those, but it's starting to feel like everything is going waaay tooo fast. .
I keep telling myself that I hate high school (and for the most part I do), and that I want to graduate early.  But, then I start thinking about college and working for the rest of my life, and that's somewhat depressing, too.  And, it's a really stressful thought. 
I'm getting to that point in life where you're supposed to figure out your future, but that's a lot of pressure to put on a sixteen year old.  I mean honestly, I have no clue what I want to do with my life.  I keep getting emails from colleges about their programs, and I'll decide for a day that I love that college and that's what I'll do for the rest of my life. But, the next day, I change my mind again. It's just scary to think that you could pick the wrong thing and end up hating your job for the rest of your life (I mean, I guess that's exaggerating somewhat, but it's not exactly easy to just up and change careers).
At the moment I'm thinking either UVA, William & Mary, Columbia (which I love but it's probably really impractical), Northwestern, or maybe legit Ivy League like Harvard and Yale (but that's also doubtful; I think the snobby part of me just wants to go there because it makes me sound brilliant).  And, I'm thinking that Aerospace engineering sounds cool... we'll see how long this phase lasts. Ha.
And, (this is going to sound really conceited and I'm sorry) I'm really worried that I'll end up fat when I'm older. I love food and hate exercise; I have absolutely no motivation and when I don't have practice, it's really hard to make myself go to the gym.  I'm pretty sure basketball is the only reason why I'm in shape, and it's not like I can go to two hour practices every day for the rest of my life... I'm hoping that sometime between now and my future, I'll have an epiphany and suddenly realize that exercise is fun.  We'll see.
The one thing I am sure about is that is that I'm definitely not having kids for a while.  I love kids and they're fun to watch every now and then, but babysitting and reading mom blogs is excellent birth control.  I'll stick with babysitting for a long time.
Enjoy your weekends everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment