Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Hunger Games

After devoting the better part of my week to reading The Hunger Games whenever possible, I've finally finished all three books.  To be perfectly honest, I don't know what to make of them.  They were incredible and I couldn't put them down; when I did manage to take a break, I would notice my mind drifting back to the books and the impossibly real characters.  But, I'm still not sure what to think about the ending.  While reading, I tried to decide if I would choose Peeta or Gale and what I would do in that situation, but to be perfectly honest, I have absolutely no clue.  Would I risk my life for freedom or for another person? And even more important, Peeta or Gale? 
I keep going back through the story line, trying to find something to make the decision easier, but I can't.  This is unusual; in pretty much every book I've read, I've been able to decide who I would choose.  In the Twilight books, it's Team Edward. (Although if it were based on the movies, I would definitely be Team Jacob.)  In Harry Potter, between James and Severus, I would undoubtedly choose James.  In Pride and Prejudice, I loved Mr. Darcy from the beginning.  In Blue Bloods, I have no doubt that I'd choose Jack. But this one just stumps me... maybe the movie will help. Based on the casting, I'd choose Gale...
 Wouldn't you?

Overall, this book was amazing.  I don't doubt that it will go on my list of favorite books that have to be read a few times a year. In fact, I think it might even go above Twilight on the favorite book list...(I just tried to compile said book list in order of favorites, but I couldn't do it; there are just too many. The only thing I'm sure of is that Harry Potter is at the top...)
Now, I've just got to see the movie... I've heard that they did a good job, but I doubt it can really compare; the movies never do.
And now, I'm looking back over this post and realizing that I've probably put entirely too much thought into this which probably makes me a nerd... but, what else is new?(:

No comments:

Post a Comment