Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life Lessons...

Welll, I'm sitting here and my eyes won't stay open; it's awesome. But it was worth it to catch up on my Glee and Pretty Little Liars. Pretty Little Liars was amazing, as always. It was one of the best episodes of Glee in a while, too. I feel like the only thing on my mind and anyone else's anymore is the future. What with junior year registrations and emails from colleges and discussions with the parents,  I feel like it's all I ever think about; it's kind of depressing. All the future thoughts got me thinking about life lessons. There are some I've learned and some that I probably still need to learn. I decided to post about them so hopefully my followers can learn from them, too.
Lessons I've learned:
  • Don't change for anyone. If a friend or boyfriend encourages you to do things that don't feel right or don't feel like you, don't do it. Stay who you are; if a person makes you change, they aren't worth it. I changed, and afterwards, when I realized it, I regretted that I'd let myself be changed instead of following my instincts.
  • Listen to your friends and family. If the majority of your friends disagree with what you're doing, listen to them. I learned this the hard way. In the end, I realized that my friends were right. So, learn from my mistakes and listen to your friends.
  • Know who your true friends are... There are the few friends who will always be there for you, no matter what. Cherish them, and again.. listen to them.
Lessons I need to learn:
  • I'm not always right.  I tend to get offended when people correct me. I know that I"m right. And I usually am, but I know that won't always be true..
  • Work for what you want. I normally don't have to work very hard to be good at school; I'm trying not to get used to it because I know that that won't always be the case in life.
  • Trust completely in God. I usually try and do things on my own without asking for help. I need to remember more often that God and friends and family are there for me.
  • Don't be afraid to express emotion. I like to hide my feelings; I'm not big on relying on other people when I'm hurt. It's probably not good to keep it all inside. I need to work on showing it when I'm upset. And also showing pity when other people are upset... I cry more in dog movies than anything else and I think that might be a bad sign... ha
 This one really got to me...
 This one too... such an amazing movie
But, other than those, I really just don't cry, and especially not in front of people.
 I'm hoping this one turns out to be a really good one, if it is, I'm pretty sure I'll tear up a bit...
I also cry more from books than movies... is that sad?
Get's me every single time. (Literally 20 times)
 Love this series
 Really depressing ending to a good series
 Best series ever; the best part of my childhood
 Again, another dog movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment